Top ten signs that you're a VAX geek
/ Mario Konrad
(found on Slashdot)
Key traits identifying individuals tendencies towards abnormal preoccupation with VAX computer systems.
- When talking about building software you make reference to compilation times in weeks and days instead of minutes and seconds.
- You stopped purchasing new furniture when you realized that your computers work just as well.
- Your electricity bill is more than your monthly rent payment.
- You've been hospitalized with muscle strain injuries after performing some routine hardware maintenance on your computer.
- You don't have an SO, but it's okay because your computer keeps you warm at night.
- While doing laundry, you occassionaly have a mental lapse and try to wash your socks and underwear in your 11/750.
- Friends who visit you want to know why there are old-time movie reels stuck on your refridgerator(s).
- Your house is pleasantly warm in the dead of winter, even with the air conditioning turned all the way up.
- The lights in your home dim or flicker when you reboot.
- It doesn't matter to you if someone else's computer is faster because you know your system could smash theirs flat if it fell over on it.